Swap the Ctrl and Fn Key Lenovo has awkwardly placed the Fn key as the first key of the last row instead of the “Ctrl”- keys like most laptops and keyboard manufacturers. The “Fn Key” is unique to laptops and does not register in the normal character map. Thankfully you can swap the two keys in the Bios-settings. Caution: If you do not know what Bios is – do not change any other settings.
- Restart the computer
- When you see the ThinkPad Logo Press “Enter” to interrupt the normal startup process.
- Then Press “F1” to enter the Bios Settings
- Navigate to the page “Config ” (using the arrow keys) and select “Keyboard/Mouse”
- Enable “Fn and Ctrl Key swap”
- Press “Esc” and Navigate to “Restart”
- Select save changes and restart